Monday 30 December 2013

Benefit High Beam Review

Hi lovelies! I have loved using Benefit products lately so today I thought I would share with you one of my latest discoveries. I had heard a lot about the Benefit High Beam illuminator but I didn't get the chance to try it until now. Even though it is a face product, it comes in a packaging resembling a nail polish rather than your typical illuminator.
Australian Beauty Review Ausbeautyreview blog blogger benefit high beam cream highlighter shimmery pink champagne vibrant luminous aussie product illuminator swatch (2) Australian Beauty Review Ausbeautyreview blog blogger benefit high beam cream highlighter shimmery pink champagne vibrant luminous aussie product illuminator swatch1 Australian Beauty Review Ausbeautyreview blog blogger benefit high beam cream highlighter shimmery pink champagne vibrant luminous aussie product illuminator swatch blend
I really like the way that Benefit packages their products in such a cute and funky fashion but a highlighter with a brush applicator did not appeal to me at all. I don't really like applying a product on my face then dipping the used brush into a bottle of brand new product - it is just not hygienic. Given that I have sensitive skin, I have resorted to applying the product on the back of my hand and then using a separate brush in order to apply the product to my face.

Even though I don't particularly like the packaging, the product itself is actually pretty good. I was luckily enough to receive a deluxe sized sample of this product when I purchased a few other Benefit goodies (review on those is coming soon!). It is on the pricey side if you want to purchase the full sized bottle - it retails at $45.00 for a 13ml bottle at my local Myer store.

The product itself is a creamy consistency that is not too runny or too thick. It is also very easy to work with because it takes a few minutes to dry so it gives you enough time to work with it and achieve your desired look. A little goes a long way with this product, so even though it might not look like much, this product will last a good while before you have to repurchase.

The product applies as a beautiful pearly pink but does not stay that way once it is blended. Rather it leaves a shimmery layer which is flattering for any skin tone. I tried to capture this in the swatch photos above but it didn't show well on camera. I think that this product is best used sparingly on your cheek bones because too much of it can be a bit too shimmery and glittery.

Overall, I think that this is great product by Benefit and I enjoy using it even though I am not a fan of the packaging. The high price point puts me off repurchasing this one at the moment so I will leave on my wish list of things to buy whilst I am overseas where makeup is much more affordable.

Have you tried any Benefit products? What do you think of them?

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Mishelle's Sleepy Time said... 30 December 2013 at 12:46

    I like High Beam, but I don't love it. I love the two Benefit Boxed Powders I have, the blushes are really, really good!

  2. Lady Sapphire Blog said... 30 December 2013 at 13:49

    I get what you mean about the packaging, what a shame! Funny enough I've actually had this product for over a year now but am yet to try it. I guess cause I'm afraid I wont use it correctly or enough and then waste it...it only has a short life span once opened too :(
    But I'm glad to read you love it. You've encouraged me to give it a go!

  3. Michelle said... 31 December 2013 at 00:10

    I worry about applying a liquid product over my powders (blush, foundation) in case I smear everything, so I tend not to wear this much, even though it's really pretty!

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx