Monday 2 December 2013

Review of the Tarte NeutralEyes Palette (Volume 2)

Hi lovelies! Today I thought I would do a quick review of the Tarte NeutralEyes Volume II - Natural eye palette. This is actually a limited edition palette that I picked up late last year but I have noticed that it has been re-released at Sephora so I thought that now would be the perfect time to do a review on it. I understand that it is still limited edition and has just been re-released for the holiday season.


Tarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest (6)
Tarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest (2)Tarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest (3)Tarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest pink brown primerTarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest (4)Tarte Neutraleyes neutral eyes volume 2 II natural naked makeup cosmetics australian beauty review blog blogger aussie sephora limited edition product pictures swatch close up honest (5)
This was my very first purchase from Tarte cosmetics and I have to say that I have been somewhat disappointed with the quality of these eye shadows because I had heard such good things about them on YouTube. 

Even though I love the colours in this palette and think that they are absolutely beautiful, unfortunately they don't appear as vibrant when applied on the skin. I found that these eye shadows were hard to work with and felt chalky - especially the matte shades. The shimmery shades are pretty but they apply very sheer and are not as pigmented as I would have liked. (Sorry there are no swatch photos, my camera ran out of battery and I haven't had the chance to re-take photos).

Even though the eye shadows were disappointing, I have to say that the emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner is absolutely amazing! It is beautifully pigmented, long lasting and glides on smoothly without smudging or melting during the day. The brush that comes with the palette is pretty good too as it is soft and easy to blend with. The eye shadow primer is pretty good too although I find it a bit too dry for my liking so it is hard to apply. 

Overall, I have been disappointed with this palette especially as I had watched some great reviews on their eye shadows. Even though the palette looks pretty, it is not worth $44.00 that I paid for it at Sephora

 Have you tried any Tarte products? What did you think of them?

4 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Hayley Bannister said... 8 December 2013 at 18:10

    what stunning colours, i really love how pigmented they are!.

  2. Elizabeth V said... 13 December 2013 at 07:30

    this palette is gorgeous!

  3. Minkie Martin said... 13 December 2013 at 22:01

    Wao these are the awesome collection. These are the really stunning colours. I want to try these but I don't know from where I can get these products. Currently I have bought some products from Pimpmyeyes.com.au. They have some awesome cosmatic products like Lime crime Lipstick, Nail Polish but I want to try different companies Product. can any one tell a good site where I can buy this palette.

  4. Tanya said... 3 September 2014 at 10:03

    Nice case.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx