Friday 13 December 2013

Face of Australia Carnivale Nail Polish Review

Hi lovelies! I know that it has been a while since I have done a 'nail polish of the week' kind of post but to be honest, I had not purchased any new nail polish in a while so I didn't have anything new to share with you until now. I bought two of the Face of Australia, limited edition nail polishes from their Carnivale collection recently during the Priceline sale where they had 40% off all cosmetics. They only cost me around $3.00 each (they usually retail at $5.95 so they are not too expensive in the first place anyway!).

Face of Australia carnivale limited edition nail varnish polish pastel texture sand textured priceline cheap affordable drugstore ausbeautyreview australian beauty review blog blogger honest swatch nails cosmetics pre Face of Australia carnivale limited edition nail varnish polish pastel texture sand textured priceline cheap drugstore ausbeautyreview australian beauty review blog blogger honest swatch nails pink summer lovin Face of Australia carnivale limited edition nail varnish polish pastel texture sand textured priceline cheap  drugstore ausbeautyreview australian beauty review blog blogger honest swatch nails bird of paradice peach This is the first time that I have tried textured nail polish and to be honest I am not sure how I feel about them. I absolutely adore the two colours that I picked out, Summer Lovin is a beautiful barbie pink and Bird of Paradise is a pastel peach, they are both perfect for this lovely summer weather.

Both of the nail polishes apply easily and are quite thick consistency so you don't need to apply too many coats in order to get an opaque colour. On the bottle, they recommend 2 to 3 coats of the polish but I found that I didn't need more than 2 (I am wearing 2 coats in the pictures above as well). I found that the nail polish dried just like any other so there were no super long waiting periods which usually happen when you are working with thick nail polish. I also noticed that the polish had more of a matte rather than a glossy finish.

Oveall, I love the colours of these limited edition Carnivale nail polishes but I am not a fan of the rough, sand like, texture. I think it is fun to play with but I don't think that I would wear it very often. To my surprise, I found that the nail polish lasted quite well and I only had minor chips by the end of the week and it was pretty easy to remove without too much hassle.

Honestly, I don't enjoy having my nails feel like sand paper so I am not a fan of these nail polishes. I am glad that I tried textured nail polish, but I think that it is not for me.

Have you tried textured nail polish? Do you like it?

7 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kate Flint said... 13 December 2013 at 13:29

    I really love textured polishes! I think you either love them or hate them. The first one I tried was Honey Ryder Liquid Sand by OPI and I fell in love :) I agree with you about the colours being amazing for Summer too! I've been eyeing these two particular shades at my store!

  2. Elizabeth V said... 14 December 2013 at 09:44

    you picked some nice colors!

  3. imi said... 14 December 2013 at 14:59

    I picked up birds of paradise not realizing they were texture polishes! I love the color. And I have been impressed with the quality! It has lasted nearly a week without chipping. Id prefer if it wasn't textured though :(

  4. Aseya said... 14 December 2013 at 23:39

    Those colors are so pretty! But I am totally with you about the texture. I don't like textured polishes.

  5. Cátia Braga said... 18 December 2013 at 04:56

    what beautiful colors .. It was very lovely



    xoxo

  6. jennym said... 18 December 2013 at 15:09

    I'm not a fan of textured nail polish but i could be more inclined if they had a shimmer finish. I just don't think it generally looks as good as a gorgeous, shiny polishes.

  7. Candice said... 12 January 2014 at 17:59

    I can relate to being unsure about how I felt about this range of polishes. I purchased the shade 'My Island Home' which is a gorgeous neutral shade, but I didn't know if I liked the fact that it was so textured. I think the shades you picked up are gorgeous though x

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx