Friday 27 December 2013

Nail Polish of the Week: Maybelline Color Show

Hi lovelies! I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones and got spoiled rotten. I had a very quiet one this year which was a welcome change. Today I am back with a new nail polish of the week review for you on one of the Maybelline Color Show polishes in the colour 'Pink Shock'.
Maybelline color show nail polish varnish australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie nails pink shock neon bright candy swatchMaybelline color show nail polish varnish australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie nails pink shock neon bright candy swatch  matte
As the name suggests this is a vibrant and bright candy pink. I absolutely love the colour and think that it is perfect for summer!

The nail polish itself is quite a runny consistency so you need around 2 to 3 coats in order to get a nice opaque colour like I am wearing in the photo. I also noticed that this product has a matte finish rather than a shiny finish. I personally think that it looks better shiny so I am wearing a top coat in the picture as well. Even though you do need to layer it in order to get an opaque colour, the polish dries pretty fast even though it is not marketed as a fast drying product. The polish has lasted me around a week with minimal chipping which is pretty impressive I think.

Overall, these Maybelline nail polishes come in a great range of beautiful colours and are pretty affordable too - they retail at $5.95 at my local Priceline. Given that they are so easy to work with and have decent staying power, I would recommend them and will likely purchase a few more colours.

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Reiny Andriana S said... 28 December 2013 at 13:31

    A great polish color! I had two brands that were almost the same color as this one and they are really pretty

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx