Monday 9 December 2013

Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV Review

Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend, I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the corner - boy does time fly when you're having fun! Today I thought I would do a quick review about another palette that has been re-released this holiday season - the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV. I bought this last year whilst I was in New York and it was a limited edition palette but it looks like it was pretty popular so Urban Decay have decided to make it available again for a limited time. 


Urban Decay book of shadows iv 4 eye australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview swatch primer potion eyeliner mascara cosmetics makeup pretty beautiful 3
Urban Decay book of shadows iv 4 eye australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview swatch primer potion eyeliner mascara cosmetics makeup pretty beautiful 2Urban Decay book of shadows iv 4 eye australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview swatch primer potion eyeliner mascara cosmetics makeup pretty beautiful (2)
Urban Decay book of shadows iv 4 eye australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview swatch primer potion eyeliner mascara cosmetics makeup pretty beautiful swatch


I noticed that with the re-release of this palette, Urban Decay has changed the top left hand corner of the palette this year. Instead of receiving the colours 'Bluebus', 'Bender', 'Cobra' and 'Gravity', you will now receive 'Kiddie Pool' (vibrant bright blue), 'Grifter' (glittery baby pink), 'Creep' (glittery black) and 'Phychedelic Syster'(dark purple). Besides the colours mentioned, everything else remains the same.

As you guys already know, I am a huge fan of Urban Decay and this palette is fantastic value for money especially considering that you get so many bits and pieces with it as follows:

  • 16 eyeshadows (it contains a beautiful versatile mix of brights, lights, neutrals and dark colours);
  • a full sized 24/7 liquid eyeliner in Perversion;
  • travel sized primer potion; 
  • supercurl curling mascara; and
  • a mini speaker with USB connection.
When I purchased the palette, I paid $64.00 USD for it at Sephora but I saw that this year they have reduced the price down to a mere $32.00 USD on the Urban Decay website. I can't really complain about a 50% discount on such a beautiful palette.

As you can see from the detailed pictures above, this palette is quite bulky and is definitely a collectors item. Even if you are not into collecting Urban Decay Book of Shadows, this is still a lovely palette to have in your collection. I contains such a versatile mix of colours and I love that it has several netural shades as those are the shades that I tend to wear on a daily basis.

I feel that the shadows in this palette are beautiful quality as can be expected from Urban Decay and so are the other bits and pieces that come with it.

Overall, I think this is a lovely palette and would highly recommend it if you have been considering purchasing it. Especially given that it costs only $32.00 USD, it is not going to last long at that price. I am also not sure whether they will re-release it again so if you want it then now is the time to get your hands on one.

Have you collected any Urban Decay Book of Shadows palettes? What did you think of them?

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Bhavani Sekar said... 9 December 2013 at 19:13

    wow

  2. Reiny Andriana S said... 9 December 2013 at 22:49

    I haven't purchased any of the urban decay makeup but I've heard great reviews about all of them! Now I want this too! ;)

  3. Cátia Braga said... 10 December 2013 at 04:16

    This palette is super beautiful .. Also liked to have, their colors are wonderful

    xoxo

  4. Leanne Williamson said... 11 December 2013 at 20:45

    Hello! I'm newly following you via BL :)


    I got this UD set for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's still just as amazing today as the day I got it. The eye shadow really stays in place all day long. I got the eye shadow brushes too and they are sooooo worth the money.

    Leanne *hugs*!!

    inspirationdiaries.blogspot.com/

  5. Elizabeth V said... 12 December 2013 at 06:45

    this palette is beautiful!!

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx