Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year & Best Products of 2013

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that you have a wonderful year and achieve all your goals.
Since another year has come to an end, I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about some of my favorite products of 2013. I tried some great products during the year so it was really hard to narrow it down.




Whenever I want to curl my hair, I always resort to using my Babyliss hot rollers. They only take a couple of minutes to put into your hair and work their magic whilst you get ready. Once you are ready to go out, you just take them out and you have beautifully curled and voluminous hair! What's not to love?


This is one of the best lip glosses that I have used and it costs less than $20! Keep an eye out for a full review of this awesome product coming up in the next few days.


I absolutely love the Covergirl Outlast nail polishes and have purchased them in pretty much every colour I could get my hands on. They are great quality, long lasting and not too hard on the pocket either.

4    Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

This is one fantastic foundation that provides the perfect coverage for my liking. It is so easy to work with and lasts all day without budging. A full review of this awesome foundation is coming up in the next couple of weeks as well so keep any eye out.

5    Mac Mineralise Skin Finish

This is an old favorite that I have rediscovered in the past few months. I love how it is such a light formula that lets my skin breathe, gives a light to medium coverage and doesn't cause me any breakouts.

6    Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roll-On

This product was on my favorites list last year as well and I have still not found anything to beat it! I love it so much that I even resorted to purchasing it off ebay because I could not find anywhere that stocked the light shade. It is the only concealer that I have tried that does not seep into the fine lines underneath my eyes and make me look 15 years older than I actually am. It is such a light formula and a fabulous product all round.


Ever since I discovered Real Techniques brushes, it has been so hard to find anything that beats them! They are not only a top quality product but they are also very affordable. I have had mine for a year now and still have had no shedding from them. They are also still super soft just like the day I first got them. I have pretty much all the brushes available and would highly recommend them to everyone. I just wish more brushes would get released!


I fell in love with this colour and have worn it so much on holiday and this summer as well. It tints the lips beautifully and is such a hot, vibrant pink! I absolutely love it! 


I discovered this product in 2012 and have been repurchasing it ever since! It gives my lashes so much definition and makes them look super long. The formula is long lasting and doesn't smudge during the day. I have tried more expensive mascaras but always come back to this old favorite as it is simply the best and it is also very affordable which is a bonus.


This is the cheapest product on my favorites list and I have to say that it is one of the best brown powders that I have used. It comes with two colours, both which suit me perfectly. The packaging is cheap looking but given that it contains such an awesome product, I don't mind one bit! 


Rose hip oil is a major component of my skin care routine. I cannot be happier with the results it has given me and my skin has never looked better! It has solved my oily skin problems, keeps my skin hydrated and has been awesome as an anti-ageing product. There are so many reasons as to why I love this product which I won't go into here, but feel free to read the full review if you are interested.

12   Bondi Sands Tanner

This is a product that I have been using for the past month and have fallen in love! It has to be one of the best self tanners available on the market and I am so glad that I discovered it. One of my beauty blogger friends, Chelsea from Confessions of a Beauty Addict actually recommended it! It gives the most natural colour and fades naturally. I am planning on doing a full review of this product in the next few weeks as well once I have time to take photos.


What were your favorite products in 2013? Let me know below.


8 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kat Ness said... 1 January 2014 at 09:06

    I want to try the Sukin Rose Hip Oil once I finish my current one =)

  2. Maartje said... 1 January 2014 at 23:32

    Happy New Year! Nice products!

  3. rabbitwithfangs said... 5 January 2014 at 21:18

    Hi! I'm a discount-brand makeup junkie (mostly because I'm always broke), and I definitely agree with you ranking Maybelline's One By One mascara up there. Most of Maybelline's mascaras are pretty good, but one US blogger thought it was a great dupe for Dior's Diorshow Iconic Overcurl, which sounds like the most amazing mascara ever, and which I could never afford. So, yeah, One By One, The Falsies Black Drama and Define-A-Lash are still the best of the cheaper brand mascaras for sure.

  4. Mishelle's Sleepy Time said... 6 January 2014 at 02:12

    I love the Covergirl nail polishes too - the colours are fantastic! The real techniques brushes are amazing, a part of my every day now! I think nearly everyone got them this year!

  5. Candice said... 12 January 2014 at 17:58

    Lovely choices! I too love the Real Techniques brushes (although I think literally everyone does haha) and the Maybelline One by One mascara. I own the Rimmel Wake me up foundation and love it...do you know if it is anything like the Rimmel Match perfection? x

  6. annied1991 said... 17 January 2014 at 04:44

    Try Big W or Chemist Warehouse for garnier roll on under eye stick, definitely agreed with the fact that they're now hard to find due to the new packaging which isn't the same as the original formula and the shade is just wrong!

    Helped my cousin find her replacement and then found one for myself in big w.

  7. Billi said... 19 January 2014 at 17:00

    I looked at both and I could only find the 'medium' shade at my local Big W :-( I hate it when an awesome product gets discontinued or they change the formula because its a hassle looking for a replacement

  8. Billi said... 19 January 2014 at 17:01

    Thanks for stopping by :-) I have been meaning to try the Rimmel wake me up foundation - I'll let you know if its similar to the Rimmel Match Perfection once I have tried both

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx