Monday 27 January 2014

Matrix Total Results, Moisture Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner

Hi lovelies! If you have been following me on Twitter or Facebook lately then you probably already know that I am in the process of going blonde again - just in time for my wedding! I get bored with hair colour easily and after being a brunette for almost a year, I am ready to go back to the lighter colours.

However, all this colour changing has taken its toll on my poor locks and I have had to invest in some salon products to take care of them. My hairdresser recommended the Matrix Total Results Moisture Hydration shampoo and conditioner in order to help look after my hair in between salon visits. Apparently these are on the entry level to salon products and are cheaper than some of the other Matrix products. 


Matrix moisture hydration total results shampoo conditioner salon hair treatment formula soft silky healthy australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie colour treated color normal dry repair product
I have been a huge fan of Matrix products ever since I discovered their 'So Silver' shampoo which has to be the best silver shampoo I have ever used (read full review here). However, I have to say that I am not entirely impressed with this shampoo and conditioner.

The product comes in typical Matrix packaging and you get 300 ml of product in the bottles. The shampoo lathers beautifully and smells great. The conditioner is a good consistency, not too runny or too thick so it is easy to work with.

However, unlike the name suggests these products are not as moisturizing or hydrating as I expected. I acknowledge though, that my hair is very dry and damaged but I expected these products to at least make a little difference to the way my hair feels after washing. However, to my disappointment they have not made my hair feel any more hydrated than it was prior to using these products. I think that perhaps my hair is a bit too dry for them and they are better suited to 'normal' hair types rather than 'dry and damaged'. 

It is unfortunate that these two salon products that were recommended to me by my hairdresser have not lived up to my expectations. I really wish that I had read up on some reviews before purchasing as these products set me back around $30.00 (cost $15.00 each) so its not as if they were super cheap. 

If your'e interested in checking out these products anyway, you can find the shampoo and conditioner at Hairhouse Warehouse.

Have you tried any Matrix products, which ones would you recommend for me to try next?


3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kat Shepsutt said... 27 January 2014 at 21:10

    Hey there Billi - thanks for reviewing these, I appreciate it so much because I'm always on the lookout for shampoos and conditioners that will really make a difference, and I won't bother trying these. Actually I stopped using Matrix hair products several years ago because I found they were just not rich enough for my dry and damaged tresses :-(

    By the way I've nominated you for a Liebster Award - no obligation hon :-)
    http://katscolourings.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/liebster-award.html

  2. jona reynolds said... 27 January 2014 at 21:40

    I trust only clinique products, and will be continuing my Air brush makeup with same.

  3. Alexiab said... 30 July 2014 at 17:57

    You should try the matrix biolage range. i find it is a much better formular and is so hydrating. I have gone blonde myself after being dark for years and use the colourlast biolage shampoo and conditioner and LOVE it. it also smells freaking amazing

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx