Wednesday 29 January 2014

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss Review

Hi lovelies! If you are a beauty buff like me then I know that you are probably well aware that NYX finally landed on our shores in November last year with our local Target stores being the official stock-list. I had heard a lot about NYX products on YouTube so I was pretty excited to check out the range as soon as it arrived at my local Target store. I purchased quite a few lip products so I hope to post reviews on them as I go.

The NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss was one of the first products that I picked up as most of the other lip glosses had sold out by the time that I got around to visiting Target so that's the one that I will be talking about today.
Australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger nyx applicator packaging nyx mega shine lip gloss 164 nude pink peach swatch lips shiny drugstore target aussie affordable cheapAustralian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger nyx mega shine lip gloss 164 nude pink peach swatch lips shiny drugstore target aussie affordable cheap quality
The colour I purchased is shade 164 'Nude Pink' which is the perfect pink to wear every day and is flattering on most skin tones. I absolutely adore the colour as it is such a girly, vibrant peachy kind of pink - perfect for summer!

The lip gloss itself is neatly packaged and comes with a doe foot applicator as you can see. I love these kinds of applicators as they make applying lip gloss on the go so easy - I have even perfected the art of applying gloss without a mirror! The colour payoff is pretty good too, even though this is a relatively light shade, the colour showed up well on my lips.

As you can see from the pictures above, the product stays true to it's name and is super shiny. It has pretty average lasting power compared to other lip glosses in the same price range I think - which is not too bad. It is not too sticky or too thick in consistency either.

I love almost everything about this product but the major thing that puts me off is the scent. It has an overpowering chemical scent which kind of reminds me of grapes but doesn't quite get there (my opinion anyways!). I don't tend to sniff products when I purchase them but I wish I had because I would not have purchased this lip gloss otherwise. I find that the scent is so strong and massively lets down an otherwise great product. 

Overall, I think that this is a great quality product especially given that it retails for only $11.95 AUD (or a mere $4.99 USD if you are in the US) and can be purchased at your local Target store. However, the overpowering artificial scent really lets this product down for me and makes it unpleasant for me to wear. I would suggest that you check the scent of the product before purchasing if you are like me and are picky about scented products. 

Have you tried any NYX products, what do you think of them?

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Phoebe Limanta said... 29 January 2014 at 12:44

    I just tried out the NYX Megashine Lipgloss a few months ago and they definitely have great value for money :) The only thing I didn't like was the scent of it (like you! :)), it was just too strong for me!

    x

    Phoebe

    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

  2. BharathiC said... 1 February 2014 at 23:51

    Love the color n swatch sweety great review :) I should try NYX

  3. LookBranche said... 5 February 2014 at 01:18

    Really want to try some nyx products, apparently their blushes are really good too! So annoying that they aren't easily accessible in the uk.

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx