Hi lovelies! Today I want to talk about a product that made my favorites list for 2013 (full blog post is here if you missed it). One of my blogger friends, Chelsea from Confessions of a Beauty Addict (check out her blog here - it's awesome!) did a great review on it a while ago so I decided to purchase it based on her recommendation.
As you guys know, I love my fake tanner and have used a whole load of them during my time as a beauty blogger so I know a good fake tan when I see one. This seriously has to be the best fake tanner I have used! I would go as far as to say that it is better than St Tropez which holds the title of being the best tanner on the market.
There are so many things that I love about this tanner so I thought that the best thing to do would be to list them:
- it comes in a well sized 200ml bottle that lasts a good while, it also makes me feel like I get value for money from such a generously sized product (I hope they never change the size!);
- it is available in my favorite type of fake tanner formula - mousse (or foam as it is described on the packaging). I find that I get the best results from mousse formulas because you can see exactly where you have applied them and I never experience streaking from a mousse tanner;
- it is green based so it will never make you look like an oompa loompa;
- it fades evenly without patches or flakiness - this is a problem that I have encountered with some other fake tanners;
- it has a pleasant coconut scent (finally - a product that does not have the dreaded fake tanner scent!);
- it develops into a natural looking tan within 1 hour but I like a deeper tan so I like to leave mine on overnight to develop for 6 hours; and
- it is competitively priced compared to other fake tanner products. Why spend $40.00 on a (smaller) bottle of St Tropez tanner when you can get better results from a $19 product?
There is nothing bad that I can say about this product! I absolutely love the natural results it gives - I am wearing the tanner in the photo below. Would you believe that I was wearing a fake tan that day? A good quality fake tan is not supposed to make it obvious to the world that you are wearing a fake tan - that's what I think anyways.
Overall, I think I have found my new favorite fake tanner and once I finish all the ones in my cupboard at the moment, this is the only one I will be repurchasing. It retails at $19.99 at my local Priceline store.