Friday 10 January 2014

////

Review of the Perricone MD Eye Lift Synergy Set

Hi lovelies!
I hope that you have had a great week. Today I wanted to talk about some high end products that I discovered whilst in the US last year. During one of my regular trips at Sephora, I asked one of the sales assistants to recommend an effective eye cream to treat my under eye circles and fine lines. She advised that Perricone MD made the best eye creams and offered me a value set where I could get both of their key eye products for a reduced price.  

Perricone Md eye lift synergy high potency eye cream gel serum vitamin c ester under eye anti ageing sephora australian beauty review blog ausbeautyreview blogger honest opinion skin care beautiful face circles The eye lift synergy set comes with the Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum and the High Potency Eye Lift Cream. Both products come in small glass bottles which contain 15ml of product.

Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum


According to the packaging, this is a non greasy serum that is supposed to brighten dark under eye circles, encourage collagen production and contains a heap of anti oxidants to help nourish the delicate under eye skin.

I really like this product as it is a lightweight formula that absorbs instantly into the skin and does not leave any greasy residue. However I am not too impressed with the packaging. Since it is a serum it contains a tear drop applicator. I find that a bit fiddly to actually apply the serum onto the under eye area. Given that this is such an expensive product, I expected for it to have more luxurious packaging rather than looking like a drugstore product, if you know what I mean. 

I have been using this serum on a highly basis for around 3 months now and can honestly say that I have had absolutely no noticeable results from it. I am not sure how this is an award winning product since it doesn't even work on someone who does not have huge lines, wrinkles and under eye circles. I cannot imagine it working any better on an older lady since it doesn't work for someone who is in their twenties!


This is supposed to be an "intensive eye treatment that helps repair the advanced signs of aging that appear around the delicate eye area, making us look older than we are. High Potency Eye Lift actually lifts skin for a visibly transformed appearance while minimizing deep lines, wrinkles and bags under eyes with Dr. Perricone's patented anti-aging ingredients: DMAE and Phospholipids".


Just like the serum, this product comes in similar, cheap looking packaging. However, since this one is a cream formula, it has a pump dispenser. The cream itself is quite thick so a little goes a long way with this product and I would expect it to last a few months.

Unfortunately for me, the first time that I used this product it gave me a huge allergic reaction and I ended up with red puffy under eyes for the entire day! Luckily I noticed after 5 minutes of application and washed the product off otherwise it could have been a lot worse. I have sensitive skin so I do tend to react to certain products, however this is probably the worst reaction that I have had to a product. Thus, I am unable to tell you about whether this product worked well for me or not because I only used it once. I then handed it over to my mum to test out and report back to me. She has not said anything spectacular about this product and has not noticed a difference from her normal Clinique eye cream. She also dislikes the scent of this product as it has a very strong chemical kind of scent.

Overall, I think that these two products are overrated and overpriced. They don't work as well as they claim even if they have won multiple awards as they claim on their website. I would not recommend them to anyone. If I kept a 'stupid purchases' list, these two products would be the first to go on there. They were a complete waste of money.

According to the packaging the set is valued at $153USD if the products are purchased separately, but the value pack is priced at $93USD.

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kate from Seduced by Beauty said... 10 January 2014 at 15:11

    Oh dear - that is bad luck. I have read quite a lot about this range and considered purchasing some myself. I most certainly won't be doing that now. Thanks for your honest review as I am sure you will be saving your readers from making the same expensive mistake.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx