Wednesday 22 January 2014

////

Battle of the Naked Palettes

Hi lovelies, today I thought that I would talk about the Urban Decay Naked trio. Even though I used to experiment with bright colours when I was younger, these days I tend to wear neutral colours on a daily basis especially since I work in an office. The Naked palette has become a staple of my daily makeup routine so I thought that I would give my two cents on the battle of the Naked palettes and which one is my favorite out of the three.

Urban Decay Naked 1 2 3 palette bronze taupe neutral rose beautiful eye shadow pretty australian beauty review blog blogger aussie comparison favorite recommend makeup cosmetics

Quality
When it comes to quality, I think that all three palettes are equally fantastic quality. Each of them contain buttery soft, incredibly pigmented eyeshadows - so whichever one you choose  to purchase you will not be disappointed.

The Packaging
The packaging of the Naked 1 palette is slightly different to the Naked 2 and 3 as it is a cardboard box rather than metal. I don't mind the packaging of any of the palettes so this is not a big deal for me. One thing to note though is that the Naked 1 palette pictured above was purchased when it was first released so it came with a double ended pencil, unfortunately this was changed last year and now all three of the Naked palettes come with a double ended brush (which is not that great in my view).

Naked 1 comes with a deluxe sample of the Urban Decay eye primer potion. Naked 2 comes with a deluxe sized sample of the lip plumping lip gloss and Naked 3 comes with samples of all 4 of the Urban Decay primer potions.

Colours
I think that all three palettes are beautiful in their own way, but I have noticed that I tend to reach for Naked 1 most often. I find that I don't get as much use out of the Naked 2 palette and feel that I could have done without purchasing it because the shades are not that different from Naked 1 anyway. I have had my Naked 2 for a year now and it still looks pretty much new!

In relation to Naked 3, I have been using this one a lot lately but that's mainly because it is new and I am excited about it. Only time will tell as to whether this one is just as useful as my beloved Naked 1.

All three of the palettes are made up of mainly shimmery shadows with a couple of mattes thrown in there.

Conclusion
Overall, I think that the clear favorite for me personally has been the Naked 1 - I use this bad boy every day and most of my favorite shades have now hit pan. I think that I will need to repurchase this guy sometime soon.

I hope that the above run down has helped you decide about which palette is for you.

Do you own any of the Naked palettes, which is your favorite?


5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Imi said... 22 January 2014 at 08:43

    I have the Naked 2 and i actually really like the brush that it comes with! I use that everytime i use the palette, as well as other brushes!

  2. Rose Pearson said... 22 January 2014 at 13:44

    I've got Naked2 and I'm loving it! I quite like the brush that comes with it. I intend to get Naked3 one of these days.

  3. Phoebe Limanta said... 23 January 2014 at 01:58

    I have all 3 and you're right, I definitely reach for Naked 1 more than the other 2 just because it's warmer and my favourite colour (Sidecar) is in there! :)

    x

    Phoebe

    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

  4. mz Didi said... 12 March 2014 at 14:33

    I've got Naked 1 and I love it. The colours compliment each other well =) I'm still debating whether to purchase Naked 3 simply because of the packaging lol

  5. Rosy Disposition said... 21 August 2014 at 18:52

    I have 1 and 2 and I go through phases. My favourite switches from week to week. They are both great though! I really want to add Naked 3 to my collection. It looks so pretty and I am addicted to pink makeup so it seems right up my alley.


    www.rosydisposition.com

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx