Wednesday 15 January 2014

Review of the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Hi lovelies! I know that you are probably tired of hearing about the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette but ever since mine arrived in the mail last week I have been playing with it non stop and am so excited about it that I had to dedicate a small post on the blog to it.
Australian Beauty Review Blog Blogger Ausbeautyreview urban decay naked palette 3 rose neutrals natural pigmented quality beautybay beauty bay beautiful pretty aussie cosmetics (1) Australian Beauty Review Blog Blogger Ausbeautyreview urban decay naked palette 3 rose neutrals natural pigmented quality beautybay beauty bay beautiful pretty aussie cosmetics (6) Australian Beauty Review Blog Blogger Ausbeautyreview urban decay naked palette 3 rose neutrals natural pigmented quality beautybay beauty bay beautiful pretty aussie cosmetics (2) Australian Beauty Review Blog Blogger Ausbeautyreview urban decay naked palette 3 rose neutrals natural pigmented quality beautybay beauty bay beautiful pretty aussie cosmetics (3) Australian Beauty Review Blog Blogger Ausbeautyreview urban decay naked palette 3 rose neutrals natural pigmented quality beautybay beauty bay beautiful pretty aussie cosmetics (8)
As you guys know, I am a huge Urban Decay fan so it was only a matter of time until I got my hot little hands on their newest release. I love my neutral colours so this palette is totally up my alley!  
As you can see from the pictures above, this palette contains a range of beautiful rosy, neutral shades that will be flattering for almost any skin tone. As can be expected from Urban Decay, the shadows are fantastic quality - they are buttery soft and beautifully pigmented. I can just imagine all the romantic, soft looks I can create using this palette, just in time for Valentines Day. Let me know if you guys want a tutorial or two on it as it has been a while since I have done one for you.

I have not done any swatches of this bad boy since Temptalia's blog has that well covered. Overall, I absolutely love this palette and think it has a place in my makeup collection. However if you have other palettes with rosy hues then it might be worth while giving this one a miss.

I purchased this palette from BeautyBay.com - it is expensive on there though, I paid around $80 AUD (with free shipping) for it even though it retails at only $52.00 at Sephora in the States. BeautyBay must be making a killing on all the Urban Decay products, with almost a $30 markup! Anyways, us Aussies don't really have much choice than to pay these super inflated prices because Urban Decay is not available here and we can't even use parcel forwarding services to get them either since Sephora has stopped that too. I really wanted the palette so I got it as a Christmas present from my lovely fiance. I understand that HQ Hair also sells the palette but am not sure how much for.

Even though I got the palette at an extremely inflated price, I still think that it is not that bad because the palette contains 12 beautifully pigmented eye shadows which would be much more expensive to purchase on their own. However, I am not a fan of the brush included with this palette as I find it a bit too stiff to work with - I had the same issue with the one included with the Naked 2 palette. You also receive 4 samples of the Urban Decay primer potion which is ok but they are not resealable so as soon as you open one, you must use it quickly as it will dry up after a few days. I would have preferred to have seen the double ended eyeliner make a comeback rather then the makeup brush included with this palette.

It took around 4 weeks for my palette to be delivered from BeautyBay which is ok considering that I ordered it just before Christmas.

Have you bought the Naked 3 palette or are you considering purchasing it? Let me know below.

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kat Ness said... 15 January 2014 at 11:13

    I'm hoping to get my little hands on this one when I go to the UK later on this year. So excited!!! =)

  2. Ty Phang said... 15 January 2014 at 22:34

    I envy you! :) It's a beautiful palette but I'm happy with my Naked (original) palette. I have to say $80 is quite expensive. It doesn't help that exchange rates aren't good at the moment. :/ Will you post up a makeup look? I'd love to see one!

  3. Karen said... 17 January 2014 at 11:47

    I bought one from the UK on a site called Lookfantastic.com and it worked out to be about A$68 (NZ$72) with Free International shipping. I haven't received it yet as it was not in stock and on a waiting list but I hope it arrives next week. I don't have the other two original palettes but if I was to think about buying another palette I think the 2 suit's me more than the original. Yes, I'd love to see an everyday look with the 3 and a Valentine's Day look with the 3 if you have time to make 2 tutorial's as I know your a busy lady about to get married and I wish you all the best and hope it's not excessively hot on your wedding day but please post a picture of your dress & wedding party on Instagram. Kx

  4. Kate F said... 21 January 2014 at 01:50

    I have the naked 3 too :) I love it! I'm Australian as well. I'd love it if you could check out my blog too :) and follow back if you like it :)

  5. Gabby .x said... 3 February 2014 at 23:11

    I bought my Naked 3 from Sephora last week and was able to use Shipitto to get it. Will hopefully have it within the next 2 weeks :)


    http://pureheartbeauty.blogspot.com.au

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx