Monday 7 July 2014

Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Kit

Hi beauties! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I definitely did because not only was it my little sister's birthday but my parents came home from their overseas holiday as well. I am sure that we all have those kind of weekends when you are super busy, although the last couple of weeks have been like that too! In all honesty, I have gotten sick of having chipped nail polish and not having the time to do my nails as often as I normally would. When my sister mentioned how much she loved gel nail polish, I decided to try it out since it promised to sort out my chipped polish issue for good!

I decided to purchase the Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Kit from my local Priceline whilst it was on sale last month for around $75.00 - it usually retails at $99.95 so I thought it was a good deal.

Sally Hansen Gel polish starter kit salon at home results priceline led australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview wine red pretty nails all in one honest swatch results 1
As you can see from the pictures above, the kit comes with everything you need in order to get the perfect gel nail manicure in the comfort of your own home. I know that not everyone is a fan of DIY kits, but for me they are a life saver because I work full time and getting an appointment on a Saturday at my local beauty salon usually means that I have to wait a few weeks for an appointment. I love the convenience that kits like this provide to us busy bees.

The kit contains easy to follow instructions and it is so easy, and not to mention lighting fast, to get a gel manicure at home.

There are several colours available in the Sally Hansen gel nails range and each box is colour coded. I decided to go with the "Wine Not" colour which is a gorgeous, deep red colour. I also noticed at Priceline that there are many more colours available to be purchased individually to build your kit - these retail at around $19.95 each.

The thing that I really like about gel nail polish is the fact that it cures super quick - all you need is to cure it for 30 seconds under a LED lamp and that's it! With this deep red colour, I only needed two coats in order to get a beautiful opaque colour on my nails. Even though by the end of the manicure I had 4 coats of polish on my nail (base coat, 2 coats of red polish and a top coat), there was minimal waiting time for me to be able to get on with my day - whereas if I was using conventional nail polish 4 coats would take hours to dry!

The description on the box contains a promise that the nail polish lasts up to two weeks without chipping (forgive the dry cuticles!). I noticed minor chipping after a few days and below is a picture of my nails after two weeks of wear. I think that it is not too bad for a drugstore gel nail polish - although I have not tried any others available at Priceline so I don't know whether they are any better.

2 weeks after chipping australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie wine not red nail polish sally hansen at home gel salon starter kit priceline honest

Overall, I think that this is a great starter kit in order to introduce you to gel nails at home. I feel that it is pretty well priced given that you receive 3 nail polishes and a LED Lamp for just under $100.00 (plus you get a few other items in the kit as well like nail polish remover). When I was looking at purchasing a lamp on its own, I was looking at paying $130 from my local beauty supply store so to get a lamp and nail polish for just under $100 is pretty good I think.

Compared to my usual salon gel manicure, I don't think that this Sally Hansen one really lives up to the task but it is not that bad either. I think that the kit is pretty good quality and does everything I need it to. 

I would highly recommend this kit if you are looking for an affordable way to get gel nails at home especially because after three manicures, the kit pretty much pays for itself because that's how much you would have spent on going to the salon anyway! I really love the added convenience that gel nail polish provides and the fact that it makes my nails much stronger and less prone to breakage. I have actually puchased a couple of different brands of nail polish to  try out with this kit so keep an eye out on reviews for those which will be coming up in the near future.

Are you a fan of gel nail polish? 

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx