Friday 25 July 2014

Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser Review

Hi Beauties! Having run out of my beloved Sukin Cleanser recently, I decided that it was time for a change because I felt that I needed a product to help clear out the pimples that I have been getting around my chin area recently. 

They are under the skin pimples so they aren't red, but show up as bumps underneath the skin so I thought that the best way to start to combat them would be to use a cleanser with exfoliating properties. The product I decided to try is the Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser because it not only exfoliates the skin but also has the added benefit of helping reduce pores.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser reduces appearance of pores refines skin australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie microbeads alpha beta hydroxy formula wash toned
As with many Neutrogena products that I have tried, this one comes in generous 198ml packaging so I feel like I get my money's worth when I purchase it.

The cleanser itself has a grainy texture with microbeads that you can feel as soon as they come into contact with the skin. This product has a winning formula with the microbeads because I feel that the microbeads are effective at removing dead skin cells but also feel very gentle against my sensitive skin.

This product is supposed to be gentle enough to use on a daily basis, however since I have sensitive skin, I only use it around 2 to 3 times a week. 

The product also promises to reduce the size of your pores - I don't have super large pores to begin with so I didn't see any noticeable difference in their appearance.

One thing that I don't really like about this product is the fact that it irritates my eyes when I use it. I think it might be due to the strong scent but I am not certain if that is the cause. I wouldn't say that I have sensitive eyes because I hardly ever react to facial products so this is unusual for me. I found that if I opened my eyes whist there is a trace of cleanser on my face (especially on the forehead or cheeks), my eyes would start to sting but if I ensure that I thoroughly wash the cleanser from my skin before opening my eyes then I have no problems.

I would strongly recommend that you wash off all traces of the product from your face before opening your eyes - thus I tend to keep this product to use in the shower.

Overall, I think that this is a great cleanser by Neutrogena and one that I enjoy using because it always leaves me with that clean skin feeling. If you have sensitive eyes, then I definitely not recommend this product.

This Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser retails at $14.99 at my local Priceline store.

What is your favorite facial exfoliator? I would love to hear your recommendations about one that I should try next.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. katie m said... 25 July 2014 at 12:25

    My go to is Neutrogena scrubs, they are my favourite,I've tried every one from each line. Right now I'm using Garnier's new plus line, it's the charcoal one. Surpassingly it's a goody as well and i'm very happy with it

  2. blogrekindled said... 25 July 2014 at 22:07

    I picked this up last week. I'm still trying this out as well but I agree it stings the eyes and not a huge fan of the scent. I do like it so far.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx