Wednesday 26 March 2014

Review of the Skin Doctors T-Zone Range

Hi beauties! If you suffer from oily skin then today's review might interest you. The Skin Doctors T Zone Range promises to treat oily skin problems and leave you with a matte, flawless complexion. I have seen some great reviews of these products so I decided to give them a go and incorporate them into my beauty routine.


As you can see from the above picture, there are three products in this range:
Skin Doctors T zone oily skin blemish prone cleanser cream night day active australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger healthy improvement no more pores treat pretty drugstore1

Oil Control Cleanser

This cleanser comes in a generous 150ml bottle which is easy to hold in your hand. The thing that caught my eye about the cleanser was the scent, it has a lovely scent which is not too overpowering.

The cleanser has a very runny consistency so you have to be careful when you squeeze the tube because I always end up with too much product! Once it comes into contact with water, it lathers up beautifully and feels so luxurious on the skin - not drying at all!

This product retails for $29.99 at my local Priceline.

Skin Doctors T zone oily skin blemish prone cleanser cream night day active australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger healthy improvement no more pores treat pretty drugstore2
No More Pores - Night Treatment

I really like the packaging of the night treatment, it looks as if it is much more expensive than it actually is. You actually get only 30ml of product in the jar which isn't much but pretty average when you consider that most creams come in this size.

This product is relatively thick in consistency so you only need a little in order to get good results (only a pea sized piece is all that is needed for your entire face). According to the instructions received in the box, this product is recommended to be used after the cleanser at night. 

This product claims to reduce the size of your pores. I didn't have super large pores in the first place so it was hard for me to see noticeable results from this product. However, according to the packaging this product contains Salicylic Acid which is meant to clear pores and remove excess oil that causes enlarged pores. 

This treatment also retails at $29.99 at my local Priceline.

Skin Doctors T zone oily skin blemish prone cleanser cream night day active australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger healthy improvement no more pores treat pretty drugstore matte flawless complexion


No More Oil Moisturiser


This moisturiser also comes in a 30ml plastic bottle which looks pretty fancy. I like the fact that it comes in a pump dispenser rather than a jar.

The moisturiser claims to have a dual action formula which not only helps reduce the production of oil on the skin but also absorbs it as well. 

A little goes a long way with this product as well so you only need one pump in order to cover your entire face. I noticed when I applied too much of this product that it actually made my skin oilier so I suggest that you only use it sparingly. 

The moisturiser has a pleasant scent just like the other products in this range, however the thing that I thought was lacking was the fact that it contained no sunscreen. Sunscreen is one product that tends to make my skin super oily so I would have loved it if this product contained at least a little sunscreen in order to protect my skin during the day.

This product retails at $39.99 at my local Priceline.

Conclusion

Overall I found that these Skin Doctors T-Zone products worked well in reducing the amount of oil that my skin produced. However, I noticed that as soon as I stopped using them, my skin went back to the way it was so these products only masked the problem and did not offer a long term solution to it. 

The products are also on the pricey side of the scale for drugstore products so that also deters me from repurchasing them. I think that out of all the products, the cleanser is my favorite as it works the best out of them all.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them?

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Charu Sharma said... 27 March 2014 at 20:45

    Sounds wonderful!! Great blog!! :)

    Well
    I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, instagram,
    twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you
    follow and I will follow back right away!! :)







    Charu











    http://www.myglossyaffair.com

  2. wen said... 12 January 2015 at 23:26

    Great, Thanks for the review! I just got the 'no more pores' from the chemist today for 18.99aud, you should check out chemist warehouse everything is alot cheaper there!

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx