Friday 21 March 2014

Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream Review

Hi beauties! If you are a beauty buff like me, you probably remember all the hype around Moroccan Oil hair products when they first came out. All the magazines and celebrities were using them! I have also had pretty good experiences with the products that I had tried from the brand so I thought that I would try their Hydrating Styling Cream. 

To be honest, this is not a product that I had heard a lot about before purchasing but the lady at the shop recommended it to help tame my unruly locks. It's not as if this product is cheap (it retails for $44.50 on Adorebeauty!) so this was a risky purchase I think.


Moroccan Oil hydrating styling cream australian beauty review ausbeautyreview honest opinon salon hair care mask pretty high end moroccanoil frizz tame unruly control brilliant shine argan oil healthy (1)
Moroccan Oil hydrating styling cream australian beauty review ausbeautyreview honest opinon salon hair care mask pretty high end moroccanoil frizz tame unruly control brilliant shine argan oil healthy (2)
As you can see the packaging is quite basic, the product comes in a plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. The bottle is 300ml which is great as you get a decent amount of product for your money. The cream itself is a white colour and has a medium consistency - not too thick or to runny, so it is easily distributed on the hair.

The product itself has the same distinct Moroccan Oil scent similar to the hair mask - the scent is hard to describe so you just have to try it for yourself. The scent is ok, but it is not something that is a standout feature of the product.

This packaging claims to eliminate frizz and make your hair more manageable whilst conditioning it at the same time. When I first used the product I was impressed, it did make my wild long hair more manageable and easier to style. It also made my hair styles last much longer than they used to without using the styling cream. However, I have noticed that the more I use this product, the more drying it is on my hair. It actually seems to have the opposite effect on my hair - rather than conditioning it, my hair is dehydrated after using this product.

I only used this product around 2-3 times a week, for around 2 weeks before I noticed that it was not suitable for my hair type.

Overall, in all honesty I have been disappointed with this product and feel that my hard earned cash could have been used for something else. Needless to say that I have stopped using this product, even after one wash my hair felt much better! I now have pretty much a full bottle of this styling cream just sitting around in my cupboard and I don't know what to do with it - I just can't justify throwing it away just yet when I spent $44.00 on it!

What do you think of Moroccan Oil products? After my experience with this styling cream I think that they are a bit of a hit and miss - some are great and others are very disappointing. 

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx