Monday 18 November 2013

Model Co Gradual Tan Review

Hi lovelies! Hope that you have had a great weekend! The weather was beautiful so I took the opportunity to soak up some sunshine. If you have been reading my blog for a while now, then you already know that I am just a bit obsessed with finding the perfect fake tanning product. The latest product that I have put to the test has been the Model Co Gradual self-tan enhancer and everyday body moisturiser.

Model co modelco gradual tan tanner self tanning summer bronze skin body sun light review australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie priceline packaging
Believe it or not but this is the first Model Co tanning product that I have used. My sister absolutely loves their tanning products and only says positive things about them so I decided to buy this gradual tanner on one of my regular trips to Priceline. I really wish that I had read some reviews on the different Model Co products because I have been left really disappointed with my experience with this one.

This product retails at $16.99 at my local Priceline so it is pretty affordable. As you can see from the pictures above, it comes in the lovely sleek white and pink packaging that Model Co is famous for.

The product itself comes out white and is a good consistency - not too thick or too runny. It applies clear so you can wear it without it staining your clothes.

Even though I am naturally super pale, I found that this product developed no colour whatsoever! Even after 8-10 hours of having it on, I still could not see any results. I know that gradual tanners are not meant to develop into a dark colour but I expect to have a subtle hint of colour after using them. 

Even after using this product for 5 days, I still have had no results from it! When you initially apply the cream, it has a coconut kind of scent, but this quickly wears off and turns into that horrible fake tan scent that we all dread. So this product has not been the most pleasant to use but I have tried my best in order to see if it works. 

Since the product has not worked at all for me, I cannot comment on whether it develops with streaks or anything like that. It doesn't absorb into the skin very well so you do end up with a bit of a sticky feel after using this product.

Needless to say, I have been disappointed with this product especially given that cheaper ones like the Dove gradual tanner (which is a fraction of the price) have given much better results. I would not recommend this product and will definitely not be  repurchasing.

Have you had a really disappointing experience with a fake tanner? I would love to hear your experiences about other products I should avoid.

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Aseya said... 18 November 2013 at 20:35

    it's such a cute tube, though. Shame that it doesn't really work :(

  2. Sarah said... 18 November 2013 at 22:09

    I've been trying out so many lately for the series I'm doing and I'm in love with Bondi Sands! I'd highly recommend any of their products :)

  3. Eloise said... 19 November 2013 at 15:21

    I’m really surprised you were disappointed in this product. I’ve
    been using ModelCo’s Gradual Tan for a while now and I absolutely love it! It
    is great during winter months for topping up my tan without going overboard.
    After 3 days of using the product my skin was at least a shade darker and I had
    friends complimenting me on how natural and sun-kissed my tan was… I’ve
    now got them all hooked too!

  4. PrimeTime Beauty said... 20 November 2013 at 20:06

    You should definitely give PureTan's Instant Tanning Lotion a try! I did a recent review on my blog (www.primetimebeautybook.blogspot.com) and it worked immediately on my skin :) it's a tad pricier but it is definitely worth it in many ways :)

  5. lou said... 8 June 2014 at 09:47

    i found the dove gradual tanner does not work at all for me-I'm just as pale as i ever was even after a week of daily use

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx