Friday 22 November 2013

Manicare Beauty Blender Review

Hi lovelies! Hope you have had a wonderful week, I am so glad it is Friday and the weekend is almost here - only because it is my birthday tomorrow, yay! Today I thought I would do a quick review of the beauty blender by Manicare that I picked up at Priceline recently which has changed the way that I apply foundation and has given me flawless application.


Manicare beauty blender sponge purple blog blogger australian beauty review ausbeautyreview applicator apply foundation cream product cosmetics makeup priceline affordable blend
I have heard a lot about the original beauty blender but I could not justify spending $20 on a sponge so I decided to try this one by Manicare beacause it had a much more budget friendly price of $7.99. It looks exactly the same as the beauty blender (besides the colour) so I thought that it was worth a try.

Just like with any other sponge applicator, it is better if you use this product when it is damp otherwise it will absorb all the product which is not really what you want. I feel that it works well in applying liquid foundation and ensures that the product is blended beautifully. The pointy tip assists in making application as easy as possible in hard to reach areas and gives great precise application especially for concealer and contouring products.

Overall, I think that this is a great precision blending tool and helps achieve flawless application every time. Just like with any other beauty tool, the key is to clean it regularly in order to ensure that it stays clean and does not contain bacteria. I think that it works beautifully so I can see why there are so many rave reviews about the 'beauty blender' but this one works just as well without the steep price tag.

Have you tied the beauty blender? What did you think of it?

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter said... 27 November 2013 at 20:23

    I haven't tried the blender, but have been quite curious too, but like you, not wanted to spend $20 on one. I generally prefer to use a foundation brush, or my fingers! Great post!

  2. annied1991 said... 17 January 2014 at 04:50

    Using mine for powdering, it keeps it light and doesn't rub any concealing that I've placed on my acne. :) same sponge too, agreed with not being able to deal with spending $20+ on a sponge, absolutely crazy. Glad that most markets just copied it and sell them for a decent price.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx