Monday 4 November 2013

Brauer Arnica Cream Review

Hi lovelies! Hope you had a great weekend. Today I thought I would share with you a new product that I have discovered recently which is kind of beauty related (depending on how you look at it!).

The other week, a few people from my work organised to go paintballing. Even though I am not really what you would describe as a tough, outdoors kind of girl, I decided to give it a go as I thought it would be pretty fun. My fiance never thought that he would ever see me doing  anything remotely related to paintballing so to say that he was surprised is an understatement! 

Anyways, even though I had a lot of fun doing paintballing for the very first time, I also took home quite a few unappealing bruises. My fiance's mum who is a pharmacist, recommended for me to try herbal based Arnica cream to treat them. I thought I would share my experiences with this product as it may be useful to some of you in case you participate in contact sports or just hurt yourself because you're clumsy (like me!).


Brauer Arnicaeze arnica cream bruise bruises treat treatment australian beauty review blog blogger muscle pain (1)
Brauer Arnicaeze arnica cream bruise bruises treat treatment australian beauty review blog blogger muscle pain (2)
This product is from a brand that I am not familiar with but was recommended to me by the pharmacist at Terry White Chemist. According to the pharmacist, Arnica cream is very effective on bruises because it encourages blood flow to the area and to break down the bruised tissue underneath the skin. It is also meant to be good for temporary relief of sore muscles.

This product is amazing! It won't make your bruises disappear overnight but rather, it requires for you to apply it twice a day for around 4 days. I found that smaller bruises completely disappeared after 4 days of treatment with this cream. However, with the larger bruises which I had on my calf muscle, those took a few days longer to heal as they were initially deeper and much more painful.

The Brauer Arnica cream cost me about $13.00 for a 100g tube. I think that is pretty good value because a little goes a long way with this product so I think that the tube will last a good while before you need to repurchase. The cream itself is relatively thick but easy to spread and is absorbed quickly into the skin without any greasy residue. It is also not scented which is a bonus for those ladies that are sensitive to scented products. I also didn't experience any reactions with my eczema so I would say that it is safe to use on sensitive skin as well.

Overall, I am glad that I discovered Arnica cream because it has drastically reduced the time that my bruises have taken to heal and I can wear dresses again, a week after paintballing without any unsightly bruises being visible on my legs.

Do you have a go-to product that works to treat life's little mishaps? I would love to hear about it.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Sarah said... 4 November 2013 at 08:16

    I've never heard of arnica cream so I'm glad you reviewed this! It's something I will keep in mind if ever I need it :)

  2. Elizabeth V said... 16 December 2013 at 07:34

    I've heard of arnica cream before but have never tired it

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx