Friday 28 February 2014

Review of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

Hey lovelies! Since NYX landed on our Aussie shores last year, I have really enjoyed going to Target and playing around with all the new NYX goodies. There is no way that I can go into a shop and not check out the beauty isle for new products to test so this was bound to happen!

I am trying to make the transition into wearing matte lip products so I thought that the NYX Solft Matte Lip Cream would be a good place to start. I bought the colour 'Tokyo' which is a beautiful, vibrant, pastel pink.

NYX soft matte lip cream australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger pink tokyo pastel pretty smlc03 target drugstore cheap affordable makeup cosmetics pretty beautiful lips swatch
I love how cute the packaging is of all the NYX products - they are small, functional and fit perfectly into even the smallest purse! I fell in love with this colour in the shop but once I got home and tried it in natural light, it looked much lighter than I thought. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is an awesome colour but not as wearable for every day as I had hoped.

This lip cream comes with a doe foot applicator and the best thing about is the fact that it feels velvety light when it is applied. It has a mousse kind of texture which is super soft, smooth and light on the lips. 

It also has a great sweet scent - reminds me of vanilla lollies. Even though I purchased such a light shade, the colour is vibrant and well pigmented on first application but of course you can layer it if you want a more intense colour.

The only thing that I don't particularly like about this product is the fact that around 5 minutes after application, it starts to feel really dry on the lips. It feels as though this product sucks the moisture out of my lips and makes them feel as if they are in desperate need of a lip balm. In turn the dryness makes my lips feel uncomfortable, flakey and the lip colour tends to seep into the fine lines of my lips and does not fade evenly.

Overall, I love how matte and vibrant this lip cream is but this product is just way too drying for my liking. This is my first matte lip product so maybe I just need to get used to it and apply a lip balm regularly whilst wearing it. For now though, I have to honestly say that I am not a fan of this product .

The NYX matte lip cream is available at my local Target and retails for around $12.95. Of course you can buy it much cheaper off the internet because the same product retails at $6.00 USD in the states.

Have you tried many matte lip products? Do you like them?

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Tippy said... 28 February 2014 at 17:29

    If you are looking for a great matte lipstick i highly recommend Chi Chi, they are as good as Mac. Haven't tried their matte lip cream yet. Maybe you could do a comparison?

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx