Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rimmel by Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick review

When Chemist Warehouse had a 40% off sale on all makeup a few weeks ago, I could not resist but pick up a few Rimmel goodies. I purchased the Lasting Finish lipstick by Kate Moss and the Match Perfection foundation (review coming soon).




I have been making a real effort to use up all my makeup lately and have managed to cut down my collection down to just 12 lipsticks. If you compare that with what the 'average' beauty blogger has, I think that is a pretty good effort. That was until I realised that I did not own the perfect nude lipstick, so that was my excuse for my latest purchase.

I picked up the shade 03 which is a pretty nude that is flattering on most skin tones. I think every makeup collection should have at least one versatile nude lipstick that you can wear with pretty much any look.

I like this lipstick as it is a great matte, ceamy formula that applies beautifully. It is well pigmented so one quick layer is enough for the colour to show. Given that it is a creamy formula, it has decent staying power so it will last a few hours without budging. 

The other great thing about it is that it smells great when you apply it but no scent after it is applied. The only downside to this lipstick is that the formula tends to feel rather dry on the lips after a while so applying some lip balm helps.

Overall, I think that this is a pretty good product and given that it retails for only $11.95 when it is not on sale, I think it is pretty good value for money as well.

Have you tried any of the Rimmel by Kate Moss lipsticks? What did you think of them?


1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Lady Sapphire Blog said... 3 July 2013 at 11:43

    Hi Billi, I own two Rimmel by Kate Moss Lippies. I own number 12 and number 106 in the matte range. I agree that they are definitely good value for money :) The matte is my fave as sometimes I just dont want that extra shine one my face.
    Your shade 3 is really nice, id love to buy it for myself as its a shade that i have non of :)
    Ill be taking advantage of Rimmels sale at Priceline tomorrow.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx