Monday 31 December 2012

2012 Favorite Products

As it is officially the last day of 2012, I thought that the best way to end it would be to talk about my favorite products of 2012. I don't write about my monthly favorite products because in all honesty, my everyday products do not change much from month to month, so for me it is best to do this kind of post once or twice a year.



For me, the clear winner in terms of makeup brushes this year were Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman. I am planning to do a detailed review on these in the New Year so all I will say for now is that they are fantastic quality and reasonably priced.


There were only two skin care products which I have loved using every day during 2012. I already did a detailed review on why I love the Sukin Rose Hip Oil a few months ago, so I won't repeat myself here but check out the full review if you are interested.

The Olay Complete Defense SPF 30+ is a fantastic sunscreen for your face that won't make your face feel instantly oily and greasy. It is a light formula which is also great for sensitive skin.



It is no surprise that the Naked Palette by Urban Decay made it to my favorites list again this year. I prefer to wear neutral colours on my eyes, especially for work, so I use this palette pretty much every day. I have the Naked 2 as well but I tend to reach to the original one much more often.

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadows were a huge hit this year and it is easy to see why. They are great quality and a quarter of the price of a Mac Paint Pot!

The Urban Decay Primer Potion in the colour Sin is another fabulous Urban Decay product which I am planning on doing a detailed review in the New Year. It is so versatile and has the best lasting power.

As you can see from the above picture, Nars products have dominated my favorites this year and if you have tried any of their products you already know why.

Nars Laguna Bronzer has to be my all time favorite bronzer as it is such a flattering colour for any skin tone and is mostly matte with a hint of shimmer.

Nars Laguna Illuminator is one of those products which I use on a daily basis to give my skin a sunkissed glow.

The Garnier ani-dark-circle roller is my favorite concealer because it does not seep into the fine lines under my eyes even on days when I don't have time to set it.

Nars blush in Orgasm, this one is a favorite of many beauty lovers like myself. A little of this product goes a long way. I have been using it pretty much every day this year and have still not hit the pan!

Maybelline Super Stay foundation is a fantastic product with great staying power especially in the Australian heat. I did a detailed review of it here.

Finally, I adore the Rimmel lasting finish lipstick I picked up in Hawaii earlier this year in the colour Airy Fairy. I picked it up after watching countless YouTube monthly favorites videos which included this product. It is such a beautiful, matte pink colour which has great lasting power and suits pretty much any makeup look.

What were your favorite products of 2012?

I hope you enjoyed reading my last blog post for 2012 and I wish you a fantastic New Year!


21 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Sheri said... 31 December 2012 at 18:13

    Lovely post :) I recently bought the superstay foundation. Ahh NARS <3

  2. Beauty In A Bottle said... 31 December 2012 at 18:46

    I adore the RHO too. It's such a good price and lasts ages. I bought a pack that had a bonus toner and was only a couple of extra dollars. 

    I love the Colour Tattoos but hardly ever wear mine. I'll have to drag them out in 2013 :)

  3. kerker said... 31 December 2012 at 20:01

    Great post! I loveeee RHO and Naked palette.

  4. YouReview said... 1 January 2013 at 15:48

    Great post! I really like the Maybelline foundation too. I'm very jealous of all your NARS products! :)
    xx

  5. Mishelle's Sleepy Time said... 1 January 2013 at 15:50

    I love the naked palette and maybelline colour tattoos too! You can check out my favourites here if you'd like :) http://mishellesleepytime.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/my-favourites-of-2012.html
    x

  6. MuShii 0709 said... 2 January 2013 at 03:31

    I think the naked palette is a favorite for many many people. But I fully understand why

  7. MuShii 0709 said... 2 January 2013 at 03:32

    I think the naked palette is a favorite for many many people. But I fully understand why. I personally prefer the naked 2. ^^

  8. Katie Chamel said... 2 January 2013 at 11:28

    I love most of the products you mentioned! The others I don't have (yet)! I just picked up the NARS illuminater in copacobana and I'm in love with it! Nars is such a good brand! And urban decay is definitely my favorite for eyes! 

    giveaway! 

  9. Abigail Teo said... 2 January 2013 at 12:42

    I was wondering why I don't recognise your blog name... and then I realized I haven't been following you! Sorry!!

    I don't change my everyday products monthly, that's why I'm doing a "My Current Favourites" series. I love RT brushes too!

    How do you apply your NARS illuminator?

  10. JordysBeautySpot said... 2 January 2013 at 23:36

    Great picks!! A few of these products were in my 2012 favourites too! :) Looking forward to new products in 2013! :D x

  11. Maribmaqsood said... 3 January 2013 at 04:42

    Real techniques brushes are just what I need this year! Thanks for following my blog, hun. I'm following now too. <3

  12. Carly said... 3 January 2013 at 10:37

    Hey Billi! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. We have so many of the same favorites! I love Laguna, Dark Circle Roller Ball & the RT brushes. Can't wait to read more from you!! 

    xo Carly
    Purple Shampoo
    http://www.purple-shampoo.blogspot.com

  13. Jody said... 5 January 2013 at 15:35

    I love the Garnier Dark Circle Roller Ball too! I've been meaning to try the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, the colours you have there are stunning! (: x

  14. HW Goh said... 5 January 2013 at 15:50

    Keep hearing so much about those Real Techniques blushes, I really should try them out! Great list of products :) 
    Hui 

  15. Michelle Teixeira said... 5 January 2013 at 17:52

    Well, what do you know? We definitely have overlapping faves. I just received the Real Techniques brushes as a present. I think the original Naked palette is my most used and loved palette.

  16. Katshepsutt said... 5 January 2013 at 20:26

    The MNY Tattoos were probably my greatest excitement this year, although the Garnier ani-dark-circle Rollon is something I use every single day, and make sure I always have a spare - it's just so easy to apply and blend in, no caking and the colour match for me is perfect.  Of the tattoos in my collection, I'm particularly crazy about Pomegranate Punk, Audacious Asphalt & Too Cool - they make such great bases for pigments, and are stunning enough to use on their own as well.  I MUST get some of those Real Techniques brushes though - so looking forward to your review of them :-)

  17. solarride rivernik said... 6 January 2013 at 08:58

    I guess Naked Palette made it almost in every gurus 2012 fave. I wish I had those Palettes. 

  18. Popblush said... 6 January 2013 at 12:49

    Great post! I am also currently using the Sukin Rose Hip oil and so far really like that it keeps my skin soft. I am however, using a bit differently from most - I massage it onto my face for about 1 minute then wipe off the excess oil with some toner on a cotton pad. I found that it didn't fully absorb into my skin and got some transferred onto my pillow. 

    I'm actually looking for a medium coverage concealer that brightens at the same time and most importantly, doesn't settle into the fine lines. I might give the Garnier one a try!

  19. Natasha Sobhn said... 7 January 2013 at 06:03

    Naked Palette is really worth having. I wish I had those Palettes. can you plz do a blogpost of worst 2012 . these all looks really awesome 

  20. Deeyah said... 8 January 2013 at 19:00

    Naked palette >.<
    huhuhuuuuuu

  21. solarride rivernik said... 17 January 2013 at 07:33

    My fave 2012 is eos lipbalm, really want to have naked :<

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx