Monday 3 December 2012

Review of the Clinique Even Better Foundation

Today I am going to talk about a new foundation I have been using lately - the Even Better foundation by Clinique.
I purchased this with the help of my MyerOne rewards card and had a lovely Clinique sales assistant match the foundation shade. Unfortunately I have come the realise that the lighting in Myer is very misleading and what looked like the perfect shade in the shop does not look like that in natural light. The shade I purchased has pink undertones and does not match my skin which has yellow undertones. One good thing that came about from this is that I learnt my lesson to always check the foundation shade outside in the natural light before purchasing and that the sales assistant may not always know what she's talking about so don't let her bully you into buying products.

Anyways, besides the poor choice of colour thanks to the shop assistant, this foundation is actually pretty good. It comes in a cute 30 ml plastic bottle which is easy to carry with you on the go.
The foundation gives a medium to full coverage and is buildable as well. This product will cover any uneven skin tone or any blemishes and make your skin appear dewy and flawless. It also contains SPF15+ which is a great bonus and something I look for in my skin care products.

I am not used to wearing full covearge foundation so this product feels a bit heavy on my skin although it does a good job in lasting an entire day without melting (I always set it with powder). Clinique claims that long term use of this product helps reduce pigmentation and uneven skin tone. Personally I haven't noticed any of these benefits after using almost an entire bottle of this product.

This little guy retails at $50 for a 30ml bottle so it is on the expensive side but if you are after a foundation for oily or combination skin then this one is a good choice. As I said I feel that it is a bit too heavy for me so I won't be repurchasing any time soon.

I'm looking for recommendations for a full coverage foundation that doesn't feel heavy, feel free to leave a comment letting me know which one I should try next.

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Mishelle said... 3 December 2012 at 23:50

    I hate it when this happens! My Mecca Cosmetica has the worst lighting :(
    x

  2. Mcmiki93 said... 4 December 2012 at 07:33

    It's always annoying when the sales lady matches your foundation and it ends up being wrong! grrr. Although I haven't tried it myself, I've heard good things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, which i'm thinking of getting next. It's supposed to give good coverage and for oily/combination skin. 

  3. Chels @ COABA said... 4 December 2012 at 11:52

    If they match you wrong you are entitled to take the product back and get it swapped for the right match, as it's their fault :) x

  4. Jan Mitchelle Panuela said... 8 December 2012 at 01:29

    Hello there Pretty! :)I love that clinic foundation! I''ve been using that for almost a month and it gives me a great coverage :)Great review btw :)

    Btw, am having my first giveaway. :) You might win awesome COSMETIC ORGANIZERS! ^_^ 
    I am hoping for your participation. ^_^ 
    Here's the link: http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/2012/11/novemberrific-giveaway.html 
    Looking forward for your participation :)
    Fallow my blog and I will SURELY follow your blog too :)
    Have a great day!

    Much Love!
    -Jan
    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

  5. Michelle Teixeira said... 21 December 2012 at 19:48

    I don't have any personal experience with full coverage foundations as I am a medium coverage girl. But, you may like Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h. My mother in law swears by this one. Oh, and just a hint, if you are color matched by Lancome, stay away from any colour that has a c following the name. You will want the colours that have a n or w following the colour name to avoid the pinks.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx