Friday 20 June 2014

Review of the Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer

I was giving my beauty stash a much needed sorting recently and I discovered a whole bunch of products that I completely forgot that I had - I have been reaching for the same old stuff for the past few months, it was time to rotate things around and get through this mountain of products that I own (I am not a makeup hoarder I swear!).

One of the products that I have been getting a lot of use from recently has been this Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer. This came out as part of the Maybelline Fit Me range and you guys know how much I love that foundation (read my full review here).

Australian Beauty Review Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer natural ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie honest priceline sun summer brown forever warm cheek face product pretty beautiful honest swatch drugstore makeup cosmetics
Australian Beauty Review Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer natural ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie honest priceline sun summer brown forever warm cheek face product pretty beautiful honest swatch drugstore makeup cosmetics
To be honest, this product does not come in the best packaging - its plastic and flimsy. The clear plastic lid fell off within a couple of weeks of daily use, so that did not do this product any favors.

As you can see from the pictures above, this product comes with a small brush to apply the bronzer. Personally, I am not a fan of the brush - it is too small and feels rough on the skin so I don't like using it.

The thing that I do like about this product is the colour, the shade that I have swatched above is called 'Forever Warm' which is a beautiful golden brown with a hint of shimmer. It is such a flattering shade for lighter skin tones (I don't think that it will show up at all on darker skin since it is so light) but it is perfect for a beginner as you don't have to worry about being heavy handed with the application of this bronzer on the skin.

I think that this bronzer had the potential to be a winner, however I find that the formula is lacking. The bronzer that I own (I am not sure if they are all like this) is so compacted down that it is hard to get any product onto the brush - you actually have to scrape the top layer of the bronzer in order to get any product onto your brush (that's where the brush included with the product actually comes in handy). I now remember why I stopped using this product, so this is probably going into the 'hand down to the little sister' pile before hitting the bin.

As with all other Maybelline products, this bronzer is very affordable and budget friendly - it retails at around $14.95 at my local Priceline store.

Overall, I think that the formula of this product lets it down even though the colour is beautiful and contains the perfect amount of shimmer that could have been a winner. 

Have you got a favorite drugstore bronzer? Let me know which is your top pick.


1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. bgoo100 . said... 20 June 2014 at 16:03

    Nice review :) I use the blush from this range and I find the packaging to be flimsy too! Mine has fallen apart already, and the little brush that comes with it is quite useless lol. My current fave bronzer is the L'oreal Glam Bronze :) X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx