Friday 21 June 2013

L'oreal Youth Code Luminosity Serum Review

Hi beauties! With a wedding coming up in exactly 9 months I have kicked my skin care routine up a notch - you can't start too early, right? The latest product which I have been trying has been the L'Oreal Youth Code Luminosity Serum so I thought I would share my thoughts with you lovely ladies today.


I have enjoyed using this product for the past month and it's probably because it reminds me of the Estee Lauder Idealist which I like so much. According to L'Oreal this product is "enriched with patented Lumi-GenTM technology to even and illuminate your skin tone". 

The thing I like most about this serum is that it is fast absorbing and leaves no greasy residue so it is perfect to wear underneath makeup. You can’t feel that you are wearing it! Unlike some other reviews I have read, in my experience this product did not flake or get clumpy when I applied liquid foundation on top of it. 

I generally have quite an oily t-zone (which Rose Hip oil has been great at controlling) so I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that this product didn’t cause my skin to get oily. It also has a pleasant, fresh citrus type of scent which is always a plus.

It’s not as if I have a lot of pigmentation on my face (except for some freckles) so I didn’t notice a big difference in terms of this product evening out my skin tone. The serum is actually a pearlescent white colour when it comes out of the bottle so it gives a nice subtle glow when it is applied on the face. Much like the Estee Lauder Idealist it will not make you look like a shimmering disco ball so you don't need worry about that but it will make your skin look more radiant.

Either way, I think that this product has slightly improved the appearance of my skin so I will probably continue using it. The only downside is that I think it is not moisurising on its own so for best results I recommend that you use a light moisturiser afterwards as well.
Have you tried any illuminating day creams? What do you think of them?

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx