Monday 3 June 2013

Face of Australia Mineral Lip Shine Lipstick

I have really started liking Kmart recently. It seems like every time I go there, I end up finding a beauty bargain that I cannot resist. My latest impulse beauty purchase is this Face of Australia Mineral Lip Shine lipstick. Can you believe I paid only $3.00 for this little beauty? It usually retails for $12.95 so it's not as if it was super expensive at the beginning but in reality, I have a huge lipstick collection and could not justify paying full price for a product I don't really need. Paying a fraction of the retail price for a beauty product makes me feel better for some reason, does that happen to anyone else?





You guys know how much I love pink so it is no surprise that I decided to buy this gorgeous shade called 'Fairy Floss'. It is such a flattering colour that is very natural looking and perfect for my everyday minimalist makeup look.

According to the Face of Australia website this product falls somewhere in between a lipstick and a lip gloss. Apparently it is "not as sticky as a lip gloss and not as heavy as a lipstick. It also combines natural mineral pigments and hydrating ingredients for lasting moisture and colour."

In true Face of Australia fashion this product does not disappoint. It is shiny and is slightly pigmented so it enhances my natural lip colour. It doesn't have the best lasting power since it is not your ordinary lipstick but that doesn't bother me. The packaging is sleek and pleasing on the eye so it looks a lot more expensive than it actually is. I like when a cheaper product does not have cheap looking packaging. 

One thing I don't particularly like about this lipstick is the scent. It does not have the most pleasant scent (pretty similar to other Face of Australia lipsticks I own). I would like to see Face of Australia change the scent of their lipsticks as it does not make me enjoy using them as much as I would otherwise.

Overall, this is a great little product for girls like me that prefer to wear a more natural look everyday. It provides the right amount of colour and shine without drying out your lips too much. Given that it is so affordable, I cannot complain too much about this product and would probably purchase it again.

Have you tried any Face of Australia lipsticks? What do you think of them?


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx