Wednesday 6 June 2012

My solution to dry chapped lips

The product which I am reviewing today is one that I have loved using for many years because it works so well for me.

During the cold winter months, my lips tend to be dry and flaky so I need a nourishing product to help bring life back into them and protect them. The Nivea Essential Care lip balm has been a favorite in doing just that.

The product itself is white in colour which applies clear on your lips so you can easily wear it underneath lipstick without affecting the overall colour result. It is also a very soft formula which has no flavour and no scent. Although I love products that have a nice smell to them, I find that I get tired of the scent after using the product for a long time so I prefer to have a staple item such as this one without any of that.


Finally, this product contains vitamin E and jojoba oil which help soothe and moisturise your lips all day long.
 
In order to stop my lips being dry and chapped from the cold winter weather, here is what I do:
  1. One night per week, I gently exfoliate my lips with an old toothbrush in order to get rid of all the flaky dead skin;
  2. I then apply this lip balm over them and let it work it’s magic overnight.
In the morning, I wake up with soft, smooth lips. Every other night, I will apply this lip balm in order to help maintain their condition throughout the week.
 
Do you have a holy grail product which you love to use during winter?


5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Unknown said... 6 June 2012 at 09:41

    This is my favorite lip balm ever!

    Caitlin

  2. bbBeauty said... 6 June 2012 at 15:29

    You know, even after I know this is a fav cult product for many people, I still haven't tried any Nivea lip balms.
    I have so many others, like Burts Bees, Palmers, Baby Lips and Chap Stick, that I am trying to get through before I buy any more balms.
    :)

  3. Cisco said... 11 June 2012 at 02:20

    yeah i also using that..

  4. BilliLilli said... 12 June 2012 at 23:00

     LOL I'm in the same boat! I always have way too many lip products

  5. Sarah K said... 4 December 2012 at 16:21

    I also really love this lip balm :)

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx