Monday 8 October 2012

////

Review of the Clinique 3 step skin care system

Earlier this year I decided to mix up my skin care regime and decided to try the Clinique 3 step skin care system for dry-combination skin. The three step system consists of a liquid facial soap, clarifying lotion (a toner) and the dramatically different moisturiser.


These products are the first 'high end' skin care products I have tried and I chose Clinique because of their reputation and because their products are demagogically tested. In all honesty, I have really enjoyed using these three products and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. 

The first product in the Clinique 3 step system is the liquid facial soap for dry-oily skin. The product comes in a generously sized 200ml bottle that has a pump which delivers the perfect amount of product without any wastage. The cleanser itself is a clear gel which lathers up beautifully with a bit of water. I love the feeling this product gives my skin. It makes my skin feel clean without stripping and making it feel dry. It also does not cause me any irritations which is always a huge bonus.

One thing I did not particularly enjoy about this product was the scent. The cleanser has a chemical scent which is not the best and I would prefer if it was not so strong. However, given that this product feels so lovely on my skin and makes my skin feel so soft and refreshed, I think it is only a small negative for such a great product. Finally, the cleanser retails at $29.00 which is not too bad given that you get quite a lot of product for the price.




The next product in the regime is the Clarifying Lotion which is basically a toner. The thing I really like about this toner is that it does not feel harsh on my skin. According to Clinique this product helps clear away pollution, dulling flakes for smooth, glowing skin. It is also meant to help minimise the appearance of pores. 

This product comes in a huge 400ml bottle that lasts ages. It retails at $52.00 which is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way with this product so this bottle will last you at least 6 months.



The third product in the range is the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. This is a really lovely moisturiser that makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. The product is non greasy and light so it is perfect to apply underneath your foundation. 

The only thing that this product lacks is sun protection. It does not contain any SPF so you need to make sure that you pair it up with a quality sunscreen during the day. A large 125ml bottle of this little beauty will set you back around $74 so it is pricey but it will last quite a while as well.


Overall, I have been using the Clinique 3 step system for around 6 months now and have really loved how the products do not feel harsh on my skin. The products also work well in balancing the moisture of my combination skin while also helping control the oil production on my t-zone.

The products are by a high end brand so they are not exactly cheap but they are still affordable and last a while.

Have you tried the Clinique 3 step system? What did you think of it?


9 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Stephanie said... 8 October 2012 at 00:10

    Clinique 3 step was the first high end skincare I tried too! I really liked it, I liked how it was simple and easy to use :)

  2. Mishelle's Sleepy Time said... 8 October 2012 at 00:22

    I have heard a lot of positive things about the dramatically different moisturizer!
    x

  3. karinanyholm said... 8 October 2012 at 12:41

    I have used the Clinique 3-step for years....in particular, I love the toner. But the moisturiser is also great, even for my combo skin - but I do now prefer other Clinique moisturisers with more anti-ageing benefits. As for the cleanser, it is good to remove makeup, but I like to follow with a cleanser with AHA for a more deep clean.

  4. Madi said... 8 October 2012 at 15:17

    I've recently purchased a 3 step system too. It seemed price but I haven't even put a dint in the amount of product in the bottles. I'd like to add an exfoliator to the system though. What do you do?

  5. Billi Lilli said... 9 October 2012 at 23:25

    I use the cleanser with my Clarisonic every second day so I haven't needed to purchase an exfoliator. If you have a Clarisonic, I would highly recommend for you to try them together because I love it :)

  6. Pilar Kim said... 27 October 2012 at 13:59

    If you think Clinique is 'high end' take a look at what they charge for the exact same products in the US. Almost 40% markup in AUS (like most other beauty and cosmetic products though). I use this three step too and it is a great start to a skin care regime but I still get really put off by how much they rip off us aussies for something that is really a BASIC skincare product in the US

  7. Maarten Gubbens said... 10 January 2013 at 18:51

    I have never heard about these products but they are looking natural and i think we must try them...

    Best
    Skin Repair Products

  8. Jody Jamieson said... 12 January 2013 at 06:01

    clinique is expensive but worth every cent my skin is so acne prone and im 41 this keeps it together and under control i swear by these products

  9. May Liu said... 25 December 2013 at 10:35

    i love three step skincare and it just feels so great after using it. I particularly love the toner and cleanser. the smell that cleanser has is just so refreshing :) toner also leaves u fresh and cleanses all the dirt from the face. just simply amazing!!!!!!

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx